For a meal that even the fussy eaters will enjoy, try this BBQ Chicken Flatbread recipe – making your own flatbread is almost as fun as eating it!
For the flatbread:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water, plus 1-2 tbsp more
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for greasing the bowl
For the toppings:
- 1 cup Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast
- 100g bacon, cooked and chopped into bite sized pieces
- Crushed red pepper
- Add flour, water, salt, sugar, yeast and olive oil to a bowl and combine to form a smooth ball. Transfer dough to a bowl greased with olive oil and cover, allowing to rest for an hour at room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and stretch until about 1/4 inch thick. Carefully move onto baking tray.
- Spread Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce over the prepared dough. Add 2/3 of the cheese, as well as chicken and bacon. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, followed by the onion. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, then bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
You can completely customise these flatbreads by adding any extra toppings that you choose, such as capsicum or olives. To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free flour for the flatbread.