Planning Christmas lunch? Why not roast a Big Rick’s Roast BBQ Chicken? Try out this easy recipe this Christmas.
- 1 large whole chicken
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 half lemon, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Your favourite Big Rick’s BBQ sauce
- 500g potatoes
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 300g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- Take the chicken out of the fridge approximately 30mins before cooking to bring it to room temperature.
- Wash the chicken and cavity with water and pat dry.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg / 180 eg fan-forced.
- Place onion and half lemon in the cavity.
- Baste chicken with olive oil
- Place in oven and cook (cooking times vary on chicken size, aim for around 30 mins per 500g)
- To avoid the BBQ sauce being burnt to black, baste the chicken with it around 30 minutes before cooking time ends. At this point, add your potatoes and veggies. Drizzle with oil.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: if you want your potatoes soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside, try half cooking them in the microwave first. To do this, use a microwave safe dish, add a tablespoon of water and cook on high for at least 10minutes.