These tasty cheeseburgers are packed full of flavour, and are so easy to make!
- 750g beef mince
- 1 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 cos lettuce leaves, shredded
- Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce, to serve
- In a bowl, mix together beef mince, chilli powder, garlic powder and sea salt with your hands. Shape into four burger patties of equal size – approximately 1.5cm thick.
- Use the back of a spoon to make shallow indents in the centre of each patty to prevent it doming as it cooks. Refrigerate patties until ready to BBQ.
- Prepare the BBQ for direct cooking over medium-high heat, 200-260C.
- Barbecue the burger patties for 8-10 minutes with the lid closed, flipping halfway. During the last 30 seconds, place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt, and toast the burger buns.
- Use the toastes buns, patties with cheese, lettuce and Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce to build your BBQ cheeseburgers.
Swap the hamburger buns for gluten-free buns to make this recipe gluten-free.
Add other toppings to make these burgers your own – such as onion, mushrooms, or pickles.