Create your own family-friendly (and gluten-free if needed) meatball sensation with our new recipe – Meatballs cooked in BBQ Sauce. Make it spicy by using Hot As, or mild and tasty with Big Rick’s Honey BBQ sauce… the choice is yours. Add your choice of sides for a dish that can be eaten any way you like!
- 500g beef mince
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread or rice crumbs (GF)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce
- Combine all ingredients except Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce in a large bowl, mix well and roll into small balls. Store covered in the fridge, if needed.
- Place onto a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 180° for 18-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Pour Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce over meatballs. Bake another 10-12 minutes.
- Make it yours by serving with your choice of sides.
- Baked Potato/wedges
Meatballs are another family favourite that can be eaten in a myriad of ways! Eat with spaghetti for a crowd pleaser, have meatballs and salad for a summer lunch, use Big Rick’s HOT As BBQ sauce to make them zing!
Go ahead! Explore eating them in different ways and let us know your favourites!
* Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash