This fried rice recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Perfect as a side for your next barbecue, or an easy midweek meal.
- 500g pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup of your favourite dry rub
- 1/2 cup Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce
- 5 cups of rice, cooked and cooled
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tbsp extra of your favourite dry rub
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Cover pork tenderloin with rub on all sides and place in a baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes, then cover the top with Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce. Return to the oven for another 7 minutes.
- While pork is in the oven, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Pour in beaten eggs and scramble until cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in the same pan, and add onion and cook for five minutes. Add garlic and stir.
- Add the cooked rice, along with peas, eggs, soy sauce, and extra dry rub. Stir to combine and then turn the heat to low.
- Once the pork is ready, slice into 1/2′ cubes. Add to the rice and serve.
Try adding different vegetables to add more variety, such as corn, carrots, or capsicum.