Our pork belly recipe is as delicious as it is easy! Perfect for a party or weekend barbecue.
- 3kg pork belly
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 600ml dry cider
- Burger buns to serve
- 20g mustard powder
- 10g paprika
- 4 cloves, crushed
- 2 star anise, crushed
- 20g brown sugar
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 cups Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce
- Place mustard powder, paprika, cloves, star anise, brown sugar and chilli powder in a large bag with the pork belly the day before you intend to eat it. Leave overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Place onions in a roasting tin and place prepared pork belly on top. Pour the cider over. Cover with foil and cook for 3-4 hours until almost falling apart.
- Heat up the barbecue half an hour before the pork is ready to come out of the oven. Remove the foil from the pork and discard skin.
- Brush all over with Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce, place on BBQ and cover with the barbecue lid. Cook for an hour, turning often and brushing with sauce. Once glazed and meat pulls away easily, it is ready.
- Shred the pork and serve with buns.
Serve with gluten-free buns to make this recipe gluten-free. Or, try serving with coleslaw or roast veggies.