This zesty burger is a great twist on a classic chicken burger. Spice up your burger night!
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp madras curry paste
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Large handful of coriander
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 burger buns, halved and toasted
- 2 tbsp Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce
- Place chicken in food processor and blitz until chopped finely. Add to garlic, ginger and curry paste and combine.
- Form into two patties and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Combine cabbage, onion, chilli, coriander leaves and lime juice in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry patties until golden. Place on a baking tray and put in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spread Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce on the roasted buns, top with patties and slaw.
Serve with gluten-free buns to make this recipe gluten-free. Try serving with different toppings, such as pineapple, lettuce, or cucumber. Serve with Big Rick’s Hot As Sauce for a really spicy burger!