These Hawaiian skewers are so tasty and refreshing, they make the perfect summer meal!
- 1/2 cup Big Rick’s Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 2 green capsicums, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- Rice, to serve
- Cilantro to garnish
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine Big Rick’s Honey BBQ Sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Add salt to taste.
- Create skewers by adding chicken, alternating with pineapple, capsicum and red onion. Place on a baking tray and cover with half of the marinade.
- Place skewers on the grill and brush with leftover marinade. Flip after five minutes, and brush the other side.
- Cook for another five minutes or until cooked through. Serve with rice and cilantro to garnish.
If you’re not a fan of rice, serve with a simple salad or some baked potato for a simple meal.