For an easy weeknight dinner, give these BBQ pork chops a try!
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 2 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce
- Pour a cup of boiling water into a bowl that can hold all pork chops and will fit in the fridge. Add salt and sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Add allspice, fennel seeds, peppercorns, bay leaf, garlic and thyme. Then, add 7 cups of cold water and stir.
- Add pork chops to the bowl and ensure they are completely submerged. Add more water if needed.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least six hours.
- Remove from the brine and dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the grill on medium heat.
- Place chops on the grill for 6-8 minutes each side. Brush with Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce all over and cook for one minute more on both sides.
- Remove and rest covered for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serve with baked veggies, or your favourite salad. Try using Big Rick’s With A Bite for an extra kick!