These sausage rolls are not only gluten-free, but are also packed with veggies – but we promise the kids won’t notice!
- 500g beef mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin, grated
- 2 eggs (one for mixing and one for basting)
- 1 tbsp Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Spices to taste (we recommend 1 tsp of each) – paprika, turmeric, mixed herbs, thyme, oregano, nutmeg, coriander
- 1 packet gluten-free puff pastry, defrosted
- Mix an egg in a cup for basting. Mix all other ingredients in a bowl, except for sesame seeds and puff pastry.
- Place pastry on grease proof paper and roll out to thin a little.
- Add mixed mince in a tube shape along the length of the pastry.
- Baste the edge of the pastry and roll into shape. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Place on a tray lined with grease proof paper. Baste the top with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in a 200C oven (fan-forced) until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce!
You can try adding different spices to add some extra flavour, or try Big Rick’s Honey BBQ Sauce to add some sweetness.