These potatoes will be a favourite at any barbecue, and are much easier to make than they look! You’ll be sure to impress with this recipe.
- 4 potatoes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp of your favourite dry rub
- 1/4 cup Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- Sour cream, as desired
- Chives, to serve
- Preheat oven to 230C. Wash and dry the potatoes. Then, make slits in the potatoes spaced about 1/8 – 1/4 inches apart. Make sure you don’t cut all the way through – the bottom of the potato needs to stay intact.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with the dry rub. Bake for 20 minutes, then brush with Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top, and between sections of potato, then return to oven until the cheese has melted.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives.
Add other toppings, such as bacon or onion, to really step up this recipe! Drizzle with more Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce if you want some extra flavour.