For something a little bit different, this recipe is a delicious and low-carb alternative to your usual burger.
- 400g beef mince
- 4 tbsp Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess liquid
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into 5mm thick rings
- 4 slices of cheese
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Combine mince, paprika, zucchini and 1 tbsp Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce in a large bowl. Shape into four patties, about 2cm thick.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, and lightly coat patties and mushrooms with oil. Cook mushrooms until lightly charred and tender (approx 4-5 minutes per side), and patties for 4 minutes, then turn and top with a slice of cheese after 2 minutes. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Cook onion rings until lightly charred.
- To serve, top each mushroom with rocket, sliced tomato, avocado, burger patty and onion rings. Serve drizzled with Big Rick’s BBQ Sauce.
You can add any toppings to these burgers that you like, such as beetroot or pineapple. Serve with Big Rick’s Hot As BBQ Sauce for an extra kick!